Tuesday, May 17, 2011

ad inferos

ad inferos: to hell with it! or more literally- to the dead/ to the underworld.

Basically, to hell with having to start each blog with a latin word. it's boring, to me atleast.

I was just reading a dear friend's blog. This friend is known for being snappy and rude and a brick wall. He's a steel trap. A venus fly-trap. It's hard to get in there and sometimes it makes you think that even if somehow you could stare hard enough to turn his eye into a door knob and then you were to open his forehead with the door knob and you were to look into his mind- even then, there would not be anything that took flight or soared to heights or moved.

And then, I just read his blog and remembered what is ALWAYS TRUE. There is more than you can sense. It just takes time, courage, patience, and like he said- vulnerability to find that place of more within others. So to hell with proud invulnerability! Dimittamus pusillanimitem ad inferos! Let's send it to the land of the shadows!

Here is a poem I wrote the other day:
It's called- The World of Words. and it's not done. but let's be honest, i don't go back and edit. anything.

Rush my fingers

Into warm, dirty earth,

like a stampeed of horses

Like individual strands of streams

Tumbling down and through

Urging, frothing down and forward

Fingers fingering damp world

The realm of real

You can feel

Grime and gross

Then cool and close

Then under and in my finger nails

Like shells cover snails.


The pages of those books

Grounded in a bed of letters

That flower forth into words

My eyes, my mind, my heart, my thighs

Burn as they blow through worlds of ideals

And cling deep inside the realm

Of different reals


Places and spaces that fingers can’t go

But where the mind is free

To live and to grow

To be and to breathe

To create and fill its infinite need.

To paint with brush straight onto the air,

Create leaves on a tree,

With a flick of hand, head, or hair

And all will appear, in an instant appear

A world imagined,

Don’t you dare say it’s not there.


I see it. I’ve said it.

You’ve heard it. Now see it.


An explosion, a flair,

Two-time creation and counting,

Mine, now yours-

Worlds based on words, our minds are founting,

Like rivers, like fiords, like fire, like air

Like earth,

This other world is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment